Sunday, May 14, 2006

Air China

Our flight to Beijing was not arrived at scheduled. We were going to Beijing by flying through upon Qingdao but at that time there was China air military exercise in Qingdao so the plane couldn't fly through. And the worst thing is Air China didn't have enough fuel to take another route to Beijing. At last, the plane landed at Incheon Airport, Seoul for adding fuel. We had to wait for 2 hours till the military exercise finished. We couldn't go out from plane at that time as we couldn't know when the exercise will be finished. All we could do only wait and wait. We asked a stewardess what will happen as we have to take plane to London after arrived at Beijing and we don't have enough time anymore. Guess what she told me, “since this plane is late, another plane will be late also.” Unbelievable!!! How can she say such irresponsible words!!

Well, I think not all Air China stewardess like that. We asked another stewardess, and she asked our flight number to London and checked for us. She told us they couldn't check flight condition in Beijing but we might have to stay a night at Beijing. And it really happened... But still it’s a hard long way to transit hotel in Beijing.

After took 6 hours, finally we arrived at Beijing (normally it only take 3 hours). Only 2 trainees were in charge for transit guest. No Japanese, no English, only Chinese language available. Hahaha it’s not a problem for me though but it really a big problem to another guest which are mostly Japanese and some English. But!! Although I can understand Chinese, the problem was the 2 trainees only told us to wait. They didn’t tell us whether we will be arranged a hotel or we have to change our ticket or not. Since I can speak Chinese, I’d been told that I can arrange by myself by going to Air China sales office. (after that the one of the 2 trainee have to guide some business class guest to somewhere, I don’t know where was it, but finally only 1 trainee in charge for transit guest with a troubled face. Oh God! We were more troubled!!!)

We found kinda Air China information desk (we thought it’s the sales office that they told us) and still, we been told “Please wait” … While waiting, I do some translation job. And also, there was a helpful Singaporean girl tried to translate in Japanese n English as well. She’s really a helpful girl. Still worried for the unknown ppls even though had been told that she could go to her next flight to Hong Kong. I told her there is me, I’ll translate for them but at the end I left them (forgive me cause I still have my friends waiting for me and we’d been told that we can go to the hotel at that time. There was nothing I can do …. -_- )

Of course the information desk we found wasn’t the sales office. After waiting for a while and after yelling to them “till when we have to wait!!!!” (I think I almost lost my voice yelling them), we were guided to immigration section. They asked us to going through the immigration section. When I asked the trainee how I enter China since I don’t have a China Visa. She really didn’t understand about that. Still, took time at there for arguments. Unbelievable!! Finally immigration office told us that they can issue 1 day transit visa for us and we can enter China without any worries.

After out from the immigration section, we went to find the sales office. At first, we found the Air China information desk (again) we been told that they will arrange a hotel and asked us to wait at the lower ground. We only 5 persons at that time (the other guests maybe still wait at the immigration section). But after went to the lower ground, we felt fishy about it. How can the Air China staff know we are the delay passengers since we were mixed with another ppls around airport.

So that, I tried to find the sales office again. I found a sales desk but later found it was domestic sales desk. Been told where is the international sales desk, not by the Air China Staff but by a hotel staff who tried to find some customer. He told me that Air China won’t arrange hotel for us cause it was not Air China fault. It was out of Air China control. He guided me to the international sales desk but at that time I only have my own ticket. I have to back to my friends at lower ground and get them ticket for changing flight date. I told him that don’t waste time with us cause we still not sure if we will be arrange a hotel or not. But he still keep tailing us till he asked the Air China Staff in information desk and been told that we will be arranged a hotel. I was worried with such person. You know that a sales person very persistent to offer a customer. But seems like he just a good person. (^_^)

At that time we met another passengers whom guided by the staff to the international sales desk. I took my friend’s ticket at once and went to front line (hehehe kiasu mah) After flight date been changed (at the next day we found the date didn’t changed!!!) 5 persons of us been guided to the hotel as first group. The rest of passengers still queue in line for changing their ticket. (It was the time that I left them for translation. Again, so sorry…. -_-) We arrived at hotel at 7 pm. Can you imagine all of this took 3 hours?!?! Already tired before depart to London…….

Next day, again met a bed temper Air China staff in check-in counter. She found there were no our records in their system and told us that our flight were yesterday. After explained to her what happened yesterday, she left the counter. I think she went to check for it. She went with a fierce face. She made us felt that we bring trouble to her. Huh! Who care~ It’s not our fault!!

She came back and tell us that they still have vacant seat so she will arrange seat for us. She still in her fierce face…(We did hope that there was no seat so that we could take business seat for free hehehe) I asked her to arrange 3 seat together for us but I saw our seats number were not correct. It was in one line but we will be separated by one seat or maybe by aisle. Hmm.. how to say, kinda the number is 23G, 23H, and 23K. I went to complain to her, and after found its wrong, without say anything, she gave me a new boarding pass. But at that time the seat was 22H, 22J, 22K.. Felt strange why there is no 22I, she yelled to me that THERE IN NO 22I!! …… I couldn’t believe her till she showed me her computer. Indeed… no “I” lane for the flight… hehehe sorry lor :P

The meal on flight was ok but the white wine… awful hahaha be careful. But the meal for London – Beijing route was really awful. My 2 friends didn’t touch the meal after had a taste of it. I finished it though hehehe It was bad but still can be eaten for my standard. I am not so fussy with taste. Indonesian taste standard lower than Japanese mah :P Anyway I just got trauma with their white wine. The red wine was ok.

Lastly, Air China problem was in London-Beijing route. In such hot day, I think the temperature in plane was 30deg C. The cooler was break down and would not go properly until the planes take off. Crazy flight….

Is it our fault to take a cheap flight? T_T

No comments: